This role is primarily responsible for trimming medical and recreational marijuana. Duties will include manicuring buds, identifying cannabis contaminants, sorting, batching, and weighing product for packaging and extraction. Record keeping and organizational tasks take place daily and strict adherence to procedures is necessary as outlined by state regulations, as well as company policies & procedures. Daily cleaning and sanitizing of work areas and all necessary equipment and tools is a core part of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Hand manicure buds carefully and quickly to meet daily/weekly quotas
· Must be able to identify molds, mildews, bugs, viruses, etc.
· Must be able to adapt to different trim styles and speeds depending on quality and market needs
· Able to follow directions for different strains
· Must be able to communicate effectively
· Must be comfortable working next to others and be respectful of others’ workspace and environment
· Must always conduct oneself professionally and with discretion
· Ensuring work area, equipment, and tools are clean and sanitized at the beginning of the workday, during the workday and at the end of the workday
The above job description in no way states or implies these duties are the only duties performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other related duties necessary for the effective operation of the Company.
Berkshire Roots, Inc., reserves the right to change or alter any of the above duties and responsibilities according to the operational needs of the Company.
Essential Work Experience and Qualifications:
· Knowledge about cannabis: genetics, laws, medicinal values, culture, and trends of the industry is preferred, but not required.
· Must pass a CORI background check, pre-employment drug screening, and be willing to submit personal information to become a licensed state agent.
· Previous experience in hand trimming cannabis preferred (1-2 years)
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Quick hand eye coordination, strong attention to detail, and knowledge of quality control
· General knowledge of math, weights and quantities
· Ability to multi-task and maintain work consistency on a daily basis while doing repetitive tasks
· Able to work weekends, if needed
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
Agriculture work, by nature, is physically demanding and repetitive. This position must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time. Additionally, the ability to lift 25-50 pounds without assistance is necessary. Must be 21 years of age.
All Berkshire Roots, Inc., positions deal with confidential information. Discretion and sound judgement is an absolute must.
Cannabis hand trimming: 1 year (Preferred)
Do you have any experience working with cannabis? If so, please describe.